By Michele Robert Poche
It has been said that every house has its own scent, due to factors such as pet ownership, cleaning products, furniture, flooring choices and, of course, little niceties like candles and potpourri. Both candles and potpourri can work wonders in creating a warm, inviting atmosphere in your living space, but only the latter can work for you 24/7. Here, we show you how to create a signature batch of your very own.
- Dried materials (petals, buds, leaves, cones, seeds, herbs, spices, etc.)
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Scented oils
- Spritzer bottle
- Collect dried materials from your home, garden or supply store. If necessary, cut into small pieces.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange all dried materials in single layer on sheet.
- Combine 10-20 drops of favorite scented oil(s) with one tablespoon water in spritzer bottle and shake vigorously. Spray dried materials evenly until bottle is nearly empty.
- Bake approximately two hours with door open, watching carefully as scorched materials can ignite.
- Spray remaining scented oil mixture on dried materials, cool and display in decorative bowl.